Friday, December 12, 2008

Hematite and Star Power - Motorcycle Jacket or Frilly Dress?





Pictured is one of my handmade favorite designs. Created by me with real hematite and unusual carved star flower beads, I can't decide if it goes better with a black leather motorcycle jacket or a frilly black cocktail dress!

That is the beauty of this design - it spans the spectrum of tough girl and girly girl, and I probably fall somewhere inbetween.

The industrial metalic look of Hematite is always a winner. Paired with these "accidently found" carved star flower beads, it became a revelation that opened up a whole new universe of design possibilities. The earrings were fun to enhance with hand-shaped sterling wire.

Tough girl? Girly girl? Welcome to my universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment