Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Photo Session: How to Get Your Jewerly to do "Stupid Pet Tricks"

As some of you know, I have been spending A LOT of time retaking all the photos for my items in my Etsy shop. http://gallerialinda.etsy.com/

I have fiddled with backgrounds, lighting, angles and positioning and am still experimenting and learning.

After taking hundreds of photos of a few bracelets, I just have to laugh. There are only so many ways you can position a bracelet! It is just a finite number that I have to accept but I keep trying to present them in different ways.

After reviewing some of the photos, I discovered that I was making my bracelets do "Stupid Pet Tricks." Laugh with me!! Here are a few of the best! Oh, there are more...many more.

I don't use any propping mechanism, such as a "stickum" type thing. If they will balance for me, then I shoot them. Sometimes I feel like I am taking a family picture. "Sit up straight! Look into the camera -- don't look at your shoes. Stop rubbing your nose!" And so on....

1 comment:

  1. Those are great shots! I like your stupid pet tricks. I think I need to retake my shots too, they're awfully boring.

    ReplyDelete