Monday, August 25, 2014

Vintage Jewelry Gift Box Discoveries Amazing


Anyone who loves to research the histories of vintage jewelry, collects, and/or sells pieces, has at one time or other made surprising discoveries in "lots" of jewelry purchased or given.

A friend of mine asked me if I could use "a few clip on earrings." She knew that I loved vintage jewelry and will sell or even repurpose into handmade jewelry. She said she had "some stuff" from her mother-in-law, who passed away years ago.

When she gave me the box, my jaw dropped. The box was huge and the photo above shows some of the items! I was in jewelry heaven!

As I rooted through the items, first looking for jewelry with makers' marks for my GalleriaLindaLoft Vintage Jewelry shop, I discovered quite a bit of sterling Navajo and Hopi jewelry.



Oh my goodness! And, black hills gold.


These photos are just a few pieces.

As I did research on these I decided that I could not keep them due to our friendship and the value. I gave those specific pieces back to my friend with explanation of value in uniqueness, collectibility, and some values I found on the Internet.

She was stunned, but grateful. We boxed up these pieces and she will be saving them as collections for her new baby granddaughter. What a moment that will be when that darling baby girl is of age and receives this box! All of the jewelry is from her great grandmother!

If you love vintage jewelry, please visit GalleriaLindaLoft's Vintage Jewelry shop for beautiful jewelry of years gone by!

No comments:

Post a Comment