Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Vintage Nativity Scene Brings Warm Memories


This is the second of my four vintage nativity scenes. Previously, I posted my goofy but fun 1970s handmade bread dough nativity scene. Above, is a more polished hand carved nativity scene from 1960.

Made in Brazil, it is carved and smoothed all by hand and made from Jacaranda wood. Jacaranda wood has such a rich, red-chocolate brown color.

When we got this nativity scene in Brazil, my dad added a tiny light bulb in the apex of the ceiling of the stable to represent the light of the star.

Every Christmas, my family would display this wonderful piece of art. Now, years later I continue the tradition and take it out each year to enjoy the warm memories.

As the owner of the GalleriaLinda Contemporary Handmade Beaded Jewelry Store, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas next week. Hug your loved ones and hold them close.

No comments:

Post a Comment