Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vintage Inspired from GalleriaLinda?


I don't consider myself to be a "vintage inspired" designer, but sometimes vintage elements really move me to create something beautiful. There is just "something" about vintage elements. The patina, style, detail, or workmanship can make the imagination run wild.

The bracelet you see here incorporates old vintage family buttons that are used with real hematite barrel beads. I added little metallic glass copper leaves to give it sparkle and a spiky edge. All tied together with memory wire, it makes an easy "grab and go" accessory.

The necklace is something really different and will be a conversation piece. It makes a great neckline filler for open collars and is stunning on a plain sweater. This one is for sale in GalleriaLinda's iCraft shop! I have an affection for metallic finishes, so Hematite is right up my alley. Who would think to mix contemporary 12mm hematite barrel beads and a vintage pendant in this way? And, add traditional Swarovski crystal pearls, in gray and gold, no less? I did!

Along with my handcrafted designed jewelry, I also offer great vintage jewelry in both my Artfire shop and my GalleriaLindaLoft Etsy shop. Sometimes I am torn between whether to list a vintage piece as is or rip it apart to mix it in with my designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment