Saturday, January 5, 2008

Acrylic Cubes are Lucious! And Popular!


I love these acrylic cubes! They are cherry red and so translucent that the light just filters through. Made with square tubes of Hematite and Swarovski crystal pearls, this necklace has gotten attention.

It sold in my Etsy Shop within days of posting just before Christmas and was my first international sale! It was whisked off to London to a very nice gal who wanted to treat herself to something unusual.

Yesterday, I received an inquiry to make another one just like it. I would love to do that! But, you see, the acrylic cubes were from a deconstructed necklace and therefore, I do not have a resource for them. I wish I would have measured them.

Searching online, I found similar ones that are 14mm cubes in cherry red but no 18mm cubes in cherry red. I think the cubes I used were probably 18mm.

Studying this photo gives only a general clue to the size -- the long square hematite tube is 13mm long and I was trying to compare it to the cube.

I may order both sizes. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Just stopping by for a visit! Thanks for posting in my forum thread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad that you don't have anymore of those cubes and you don't know the exact size.

    I actually photocopy each unique piece of jewelry I make. that way if I want to reproduce it in the future, I know the exact dimensions. shapes, and colors. I keep them all in a book.

    ReplyDelete